Thursday 19 October 2017

The First!

So here goes.....after a long time (almost a whole year's worth of a long time) contemplating when (and if) I should begin my blog, I'm finally taking the big step. Today is that day. There's so much to share that I have no idea where to begin...I guess I should talk about reading since that's my first love....along with baking, crafting, traveling, make-up, my niece, my cat (and my husband, of course!).

Being a former teacher, one thing that gets me most excited is learning. Sounds boring, I know.... but in my opinion, what's the purpose of doing something - anything - if there's no learning in it. And hopefully, through this blog, I'll be learning a lot more about myself.  
Lately, I've been reading the book East of the West - A Country in Stories by Miroslav Penkov. It's a beautiful way of taking a peek back in time at the author's country - Bularia - with all it's upheavals throughout history. Definitely worth a read, esp. for anyone who loves history!

Going on a different tangent, today is a day of new beginnings, for this blog, as well as my foray into a healthier lifestyle...and I celebrated by going for a walk on the beach. And I'm so grateful the beach is just behind my house...not far to go :-) Hopefully I can do more than just an occasional walk and make it more of a habit. 

Let me know what else you'd like me to write about...... 




4 comments:

  1. How about "I have a sis who I love dearly and accidentally forgot to mention in my profile? " :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a small beginning... one who learns always will have something to share always :)

    ReplyDelete